24 June 2013

Surprise visit



I traveled to visit my sister for her birthday this weekend. It was a surprise visit. Next day we were joined by our brother and his wife, which was the second surprise. I love a good and pleasant surprise like that!

Getting there proved to be a bit tricky as there was severe weather the night before, and parts of the train tracks were still flooded and full with fallen trees and torn off branches. The fast trains were cancelled, the loudspeaker information was not always as informative as it could have been but in the end we got there. 
When I say we, I mean a group of four lovely ladies (sisters + their daughters) from the States and myself. I was glad to have a bit of company as we made our way towards the big city with the regional trains and the rain replacement bus service. 
I'd like to think I was able to take out some of the stress that comes with public transport hiccups in a foreign country for them. Thanks for the company!

So, traveling did not go too smooth this time as on the way back I had quite an upset stomach, but I did  manage to do a sketch or two of my fellow passengers.

1 comment: