15 July 2013

Niklausenplatz

I have just returned from the 4th International Urban Sketching Symposium, which was fantastic but did not quite go the way I would have liked it to. 
Early on, I just did not feel well, sleep well, and eventually I needed to stay in bed because of a fever. So, I might devote a blog post to the Symposium, but if I dont - that is the reason and I hope you understand. I attended the workshops I wanted to take (except two), and I am incredibly grateful in spite of all that didn't go according to plan. 

With all that new knowledge and understanding that I could gain over those three days, I ventured out  in my neighbourhood today to do a sketch and apply some of what I learned.

It was a lovely sunny evening and I thought I had picked a really nice spot to settle down for a while to sketch, but soon all sorts of bugs were crawling on my arms and legs, and there was no way I could avoid them.
Thankfully I was distracted enough by the "Words" episode from Radiolab, a podcast that James Gurney recently shared as one of the things he listens to during work. I have listened to a couple of episodes from that podcast, and it's highly informative and entertaining at the same time. "Words" was especially interesting from a linguistic point of view, which is what I studied at unversity. 
So there, go and listen to it! :-)

I used 3 Daniel Smith watercolor tube colors: Ultramarine Blue, Alizarin Crimson and Aureolin Yellow and a A4 Moleskine watercolor sketchbook.

In other news, I am starting a new job tomorrow, so it's bedtime for me now. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. glad you feel better! Great color color composition and usage of different contrast-levels!

    ReplyDelete